Mesh bags are made from GOTS-certified organic cotton grown in Turkey. Turkish cotton is known for its high quality, and since the location is close to Europe, transport also needs less carbon emissions. Growing organic cotton saves 88% of water compared to ordinary cotton. The fabric is not bleached, painted, it does not contain pesticide residues.
Advantages of using an organic cotton mesh bag:
- It is easier and faster to enter the products you would like to buy at the checkout in a store as it is possible to see the contents of a mesh bag.
- A cotton bag is safer for contact with food than bags made of synthetic materials or plastic.
- Particles of microplastics are not released from the bag when washing it.
- The bag lets air through and does not allow formation of condensed, so fruit and vegetables are preserved longer in the bag.
- Bags can be used for a long time and rarely require washing.
- The sales packaging of the product is minimal – tied together with a recycled jute cord and a small label.