- Free of parabens and fragrances
- Made only with organic ingredients – chestnuts are not sprayed with pesticides or toxins.
- Suitable for people with delicate and sensitive skin.
- Suitable for all fabric types, ideal for washing wool and silk.
- Proper for both manual and machine washing.
- Suitable for washing white and colored laundry.
- It is not necessary to use a laundry detergent when washing with chestnuts.
- Your clean laundry will be soft and fluffy and smells like “nature”.
- Picked by hand from the pure Estonian nature.
Horsechestnut as a laundry detergent
Horse chestnuts belong to the same family as soap nuts and about 2,000 other species. Horse chestnuts, like soap nuts, contain saponins, that begin to be released at about 30 degrees.
Saponin is a eco laundry detergent that does not cause irritation and works just as effectively as chemical-filled washing powders. The WashChestnut team has grated the chestnuts very small, which means that the maximum amount of saponins is released from the chestnuts during the washing of the laundry. Horse chestnuts are picked by hand from Estonia, crushed and dried under controlled conditions. It is a handicraft product.